Having signed a loan agreement with the bank, the borrower exhales with relief: “The loan was issued – and this is the main thing. And I can repay … ”. And in fact repays, without any problems and complaints from bankers, and also intends to close the loan ahead of schedule. One thing alone does not know how to do it correctly. Meanwhile, the issue of full repayment and closing of a loan is a priority at the final stage of lending. So let’s understand how to close a loan correctly. 2coolwallpapers.com for an assessment
How to close a loan – recommendations …
The borrower performs the maximum payment schedule. Payments are not delayed, except for one or two small delinquencies, moreover, it makes in full, up to a penny. How to close a consumer loan in a bank, thinks about the maturity date.
In fact, this is a portrait of an exemplary borrower. However, even such a person can safely ruin his reputation by not bothering at the last moment to coordinate his personal actions with the lending bank. It seems the borrower is acting properly. Turning again to the payment schedule, set the exact amount of the payment and in the usual way for itself will add to the loan account. And, in principle, it will safely forget about the loan, having considered it finally closed, but it will be wrong.
After a month or two, the client will receive a call from the bank and will be informed about the arrears in the hundreds, or even thousands of rubles, raised due to fines from an extremely small amount. It is ridiculous that the reason for the proceedings ultimately becomes 30-50 rubles, which the bank has accrued as an additional commission or, for example, a penalty for seemingly a little overdue.
What to do to the borrower in this case
In order to prevent such an unpleasant situation, the borrower calls the bank and asks the operator to state the exact amount for the full repayment of the loan. Better yet, visit the loan office in person and request an extract from the current loan account from the local operator. After receiving the information with the cherished numbers, the borrower had to deposit money in the cashier’s office (in no case rounding the amount and not overpaying) and ask the same employee for acts confirming the absence of claims from the bank.
The borrower, having insured himself thoroughly, draws up a loan for a long period, but upon repayment, he thinks about the premature closing of the contract. The question of how to repay a consumer loan ahead of schedule comes in months or years before the completion of the action.
And it seems that there are no difficulties on the horizon again.
The borrower turns to the repayment schedule, determines the amount for early repayment, and on the day when he decided, he simply deposits the money into the account and with a satisfied expression concludes that he dealt with the loan ahead of time. ”
One can only imagine what a surprise it will be when after some time the bank will come to him with a recommendation to immediately repay the debt.
Of course, being sure of the rightness, the borrower will go to the loan office and hint at a mistake. But in the same place the borrower will be taken aback. Since the client decided to repay the consumer loan unilaterally and did not officially inform anyone of his personal intention, the bank continued to write off money from the loan account, according to the terms of the payment schedule. And, naturally, the amount paid in which future interest was not taken into account was not enough for full repayment.
What to do in this case
First of all, the borrower notifies the bankers of the personal decision. Of course, not verbally, but in writing, for which he prepares a statement addressed to the head of the office confirming the intentions of early closing the loan. After 30 days from the time of filing (according to the law, the relevant paper is allocated for consideration), the client must come to the bank again, check the amount of the early payment from the operator, and only then contact the cashier to pay the exact amount to the loan account. Well, in the end, as in the first case, it remains to just get the right paper.
Necessary acts for closing the loan
As already noted, for the final repayment of the loan, to deposit the amount due is not enough. At a minimum, bankers need to be further informed. For complete peace of mind, you must also follow the execution of direct obligations by the lender.
The necessary acts for the full repayment of the loan:
- passport and loan agreement. Without these papers, no one will even listen to the borrower. You have to take these papers with you all the time;
- application for early repayment of the loan in two copies. One application is transferred to the bank. The other, certified by the blue stamp of the office manager, remains in the hands of the borrower;
- an application for a certificate, which will witness the closing of the loan and the disconnection of the bills and services used for the maintenance. Issued on a special form, which can be obtained at the bank. At the same time, the borrower has the right to demand a certified copy from bankers.
Acts confirming the repayment of the loan
To err is human. But one thing is when you are responsible for personal mistakes, and another is when you have to correct others. Therefore, in order not to worry about whether the loan is closed and whether the security banking service will call later, with a request to pay off many thousands of debt, the borrower will be better safe and play on the lead. For example, by requesting acts at the bank after the loan is repaid, which can officially confirm the absence of financial claims from the credit institution.
- statement of cash flow on the credit account and the schedule of payments in effect at the time of closing. In the event of a disputable situation, these two acts will be evidence of the innocence of the borrower;
- certificate of loan repayment. It is issued not instantly, but within 2-8 weeks. If a bank employee refuses to provide such paper, with a similar request, please contact either directly to the head of the office or to the central office;
- certificate of account closure and deactivation of additional services. Issued with credit card. If necessary, such an act of repayment of the loan is requested for both consumer and target loans.
Loan termination procedure
Often, the thought of applying for a consumer loan arises spontaneously. It happens that a person is not urgently needed, and he himself understands that it will be hard to return later, but no – having fired up with the idea, an unprofitable borrower still goes to the bank and concludes a loan agreement. Insight will visit a couple of days later, and the person will immediately want to break the agreement. Only whether they will break the agreement is another question.
As practice shows, the odds remain. However, the borrower will have to sweat, because it will not be easy to terminate a consumer loan agreement without good reason.
In practice, the following options are known:
- Termination of the contract by agreement of both parties. A simple and painless way out for the borrower. If the client finds understanding in the bank and convinces creditors to close the contract ahead of time, it means that he will get out of the situation with minimal losses, returning only the amount of the base debt and paying interest that has run for a couple of days. This is if the bank gets loyal. Because in another institution, such a statement may not be accepted. And in the third, if they agree to consider a request for early termination of the loan, it is only after 3 or even 6 months from the date of registration;
- Termination of the contract unilaterally. If the lender does not want to terminate the contract “in an amicable way”, the borrower initiates the process of early repayment of the loan. Bankers, of course, stand in a pose. As an option, they will begin to threaten heavy fines for breaking the contract, and simply refuse to accept the statement. If so, it would not be superfluous to recall Article 32 of the Law “On Protection of Consumer Rights”, which states that a consumer has the right to terminate an agreement on a service and performance of a concluded agreement, subject to payment of expenses incurred by the contractor. The same article indirectly invalidates penalties for the early closing of a loan;
- Appeal to a civil court. If the bank continues to object to the initiatives of the borrower, the latter will make sense to write a claim in court. But since it is impossible to terminate a consumer loan on the basis of one desire, the client will have to thoroughly prepare and find a convincing argument that could confirm the bank’s violations of the terms of the loan agreement, the Law on Consumer Protection or the Law on Banks and Banking Work .
Acts for termination of the loan agreement
When contacting the bank:
- statement of termination of the contract or an additional agreement to it;
- or an application for early repayment of the loan.
When applying to the court:
- statement of claim;
- receipt of payment of state duty;
- paper, starting with the loan agreement and ending with the statement of the movement of funds on the loan account, which confirm the circumstances that led the borrower to put forward personal requirements.
As for the papers, which witness the termination of the contract and the absence of claims between both parties, the list will be limited to the same statement, certified by the payment schedule, as well as certificates of full repayment of the loan and closing the credit account.